Saturday, April 05, 2008

Been there, Done That

It was a lovely day last Monday where coincidentally the manager that i used to report to was on leave and the other colleague who sat behind me was on MC. The lady who sat diagonally from me went to the toilet. And there was my manager sitting next to me.

So how did i approach her?

ME: ohh is HL on leave?

Manager: Oh yes....

Me: oh is it...i have a bad news (opened the drawer and took out 2 envelopes) i want to resign.

Manager: ....... (took out the letter and read it)

ME: *smile* I'm moving to KL

Manager: oh..to Lenovo? (because Dell employees are famous of moving to their competitors)

ME: Nope. It's a consulting firm in KL

Manager: I see...

From the way i look at her facial expression i know my resignation was not a surprise to her. but it was a surprise to all the rest. I gave so much hints that i will be leaving Dell one day but it was not expected to be so fast. As fast as 2 weeks after my performance review. I was promoted to a Senior Pricing Analyst and received an increment of 18%. That was great news aye?

and my guess came true...my manager told me 2 days ago that she knew i will be resigning. she actually make that guess a few months ago. haha....well she is a very kind and good manager. I wish her all the best in Dell.

That's it!!
I have tendered my resignation as a pricing analyst in Dell Asia Pacific on the 31st of March.

Finally it's true. I'm no longer dreaming of leaving that place. It was not a difficult decision make.

I gave 2 month's notice and my last day in Dell Asia Pacific is on the 30th of May.

Plans moving forward?
I will be reporting to work on the 2nd June 2008 with Synovate Malaysia which is located in Menara IGB South court of Mid Valley Megamall.

I think it will be quite a rush for me to move on the 31st of May to KL because i only have 2 days to settle down but... no choice but this is it. I'm positive with the move.

The only issue now is looking for a place to stay.

No comments: