Thursday, February 23, 2006

as always

Trip to KL Updates (overdued, i know)

I took a bus to the CITY on Monday 2.30pm that took 5 hours to reach. Freaking long journey. Cousin came to fetch me from the dangerous and "chap" place called Puduraya.

Then we headed toward the place she stays. And while we were lining up on the road that seems to be like bottlenecks towards PJ my cousin told me she stays in this place called Taman Desa. A place that recently i have always been highlighted about.

Then we went to this Fat Rock Cafe on Jalan Desa for dinner and bump into my friend's sister. Yeah and i was shocked to see her there because she is supposed to be in Holland. And then i text-ed my friend and she told me that her sister is still around because the person who was supposed to be handling the working permit and all did not do his job. So...tht explains.

Then we headed home and reached at 10.20pm. My gosh this is so late. I spend a little time resting and bathing and then im back to the bed. I could not imagine how much CITY people spending more time on the road than at home. I don't think i can take it...but i have to bear with it if i'm destined to get a job in KL.

And then waking up early at 6.45am and headed towards some place nearby to get our breakfast. Then again we lined towards KL. We left Taman Desa at 7.20am and reached KLCC at 8.30am. (fuiyoh!)

My interview was scheduled at 10.45am and so i spend my morning at Coffee Bean KLCC. Came across a magazine called JUICE which is FOC. I willl talk about the magazine in a different post.
Then i headed off the Jalan Yap Kwan Seng (sounds familiar? last year i went to place too but to the Aussie Embassy). There a lot of people waiting and the candidates are all sitting down filling up the application forms just like those we saw in TV. Looks dramatic to me that morning.

The interview

There are 6 of us in a group interview. The questions asked was:-

1) Tell us about urself and what u do.
2) What do you see urself 12 months from now?
3) YOu have looked into our website dont you? So what do you know about our Company?
4) How much do you expect to earn? We will go in detail for every candidate but i can tell u we pay from approx. MYR2500 to MYR5000.

After asking the questions the manager went on to talk about the company. And i was happy to find out something.

Out of the approx 23mn populations in Malaysia out of the 70% are people aging 30 years of age and below. Wow....and yet another thing is that only 0.5mn people are using the Streamyx Broadband Service by TMNET.( i quoted from him)
The interview lasts for an hour. The manager asked if we could go in for another round of interview from Wed to Friday. I chose the closest of course on Wednesday. That means i had to stay for another day.

After the Interview

After the interview i went to KLCC for lunch. Then i went to shop for formal shirts @ ISETAN. Found one. Then when i was on the way to Cold Storage to get some water supplies i heard someone called my name. Who do you think?

Vicky and Calvin lorr...Adui...small la KL. And a piece of dialogue
that i wish to higlight.

Vicky : Where do you stay?
Me : Taman Desa
Vicky: Oh..Kim Teck's house?
Me: Nola ish...My cousin's ( only Kt stays there meh)

After talking for a while

Vicky: Eh don't get lost you know
Me: I know la...i wont
Vicky: It's way much bigger here than Penang u know. (apala!)

Looking at me having nothing much to do while i have to wait for cousin to finish work at 6.30 i decided to watch a movie. Fearless i watched. Eh people it's a nice movie indeed. Please watch it as it is highly recommended.

After watching the movie the time was 4.30pm. I went to Kinokuniya and browse through some books hoping to get a book to kill my boredom. Got myself a CLEO magazine and the last JUICE magazine at the check out counter. Then i met up with Tim Nam.

WE went for a drink and we talked about all sorts of things. One thing tht i wish to highlight.

Tim: U stay in bungalow in Penang?
Me: Noler...i'm not that rich. I stay in an Apartment only.( also a lousy one. Hoping to move to somewhere better soon)
Tim: More expensice than KL meh?
Me:Houses in Penang is not cheap. Do you know Gurney Drive?
Tim: yeah...
Me: Those condos facing the Sea sold at MYR 1 million 5 years ago.
Tim: @.@
Me: and the new one coming up near the Penang Bridge called The View according to recent critics by the Newspaper as the clone of the Petronas Twin Towers in KL.
Tim: yeah i saw in the newspapers.
Me: It's selling at MYR2.5mn for a unit.
Tim: oh...Penang got so maju meh?
Me: Huh what....another CITY-sider. What do you mean?

KEk si!

Cousin came at about 7pm and pick-ed me up from KLCC. Then headed to DPP Foodcourt at Taman Desa. Then we reached home at 9.30!!! Alamak...i think im not used to it only.
That night we slept at 10plus. Hahaha no life according to my cousin.

Day 2

Woke up at 6 plus on that morn too. Went to get breakfast at the same place. This time i bought the CheeCheongFun that comes with Yong Tau Foo. Cousin dropped me at KLCC and i headed towards the Office again. Went up for a video presentation and then a guy called Brian brief us about wht we gonna do. Apparently, we have to follow them to somewhere( somewhere that a Penangite like me who dont really know the location in KL is). And then i decided not to follow them. I think the job is not for me. Then i cabut-ed to KLCC


Bought some stuff and then took the Putra LRT to PAsar Seni then to the dangerous place again. Bought a 10.30 ticket at 10.30. Rushed down to the terminal to catch the bus. The bus left at 10.45


The driver sped and in 4 hours time i reached the bus terminal in Sg Dua. Mom came to fetch me at 2.50pm. So happy to reach home at 3.05pm. A 15mins ride. Came home and did some laundry. So much to wash aiyer...




No comments: