Sunday, October 08, 2006

in this place i live

I was in the state of shock this morning when i saw these words on the Chinese Newspapers.

11 月 12 日 动土 with the bakground of the 2nd Link. Basically means Piling works to begin on the 12th November. (not sure if i got the chinese correct, i actually got it wrong and so have corrected it but not sure if it's right now)

I'm quite puzzled it is. Because i dont see the logic behind it. The PORR (Penang Outer Ring Road) project which was proposed way long before i left for Uni hasn't show any progress. This was like 3 to 4 yrs ago. Yet the now a few month's old proposal of the 2nd Link to be begin it's piling works as soon as in a month's time from now when first it was projected to only start in yr 2008. By observing the current conditions of the Penang Bridge don't think any of us Penangites can stand the Congestion till 2011 when the 2nd link has finally completed.

You have to know how bad the trafic was last friday(8 月 15 日)Has anyone ever ask you which car is the longest in the world? (in Mandarin). 不是火车,是大塞车。This is what was going on on Friday. Cars queuing as long as from Intel heading towards the Penang Bridge and the Jelutong Expressway. Cars heading towards P.W starts queuing up right in front of e-Gate for those working in Georgetown. That time i was having my dinner at the Hongkie Kopitiam. ( Who ever ever thought of trying the food there,Please Don't). A colleague of mine spend 2 hours on the road to reach her house in Gurney from Dell. Usual time= 30 mins.

So..What's with the PORR project now? Who knows?

okie let's move on to another important issue. Ytd the Courier Service TNT called looking for me. Thought it was some kind of a prank call. Silly me. But the man was saying it's a parcel from HSBC. So oh..i remembered i applied for a HSBC Credit Card. It's arriving haha...

2 more cards i have. As usual 1 Visa(not Wave though) and 1 Mastercard. Ugly card it is i have to say.

To be honest, I found it very mafan. To have 4 cards. Why is the govt making banks to issue 2 types of cards to cardholders? I don't understand. 1 bank 2 cards, 2 banks = 4 cards you know?
I think it's getting harder to control spending like that. Ish....

I went for a K-Session yesterday. Didn't really yell at the microphone. Sang a few nice songs like Home by Michael Buble. Which is also the song that i'm currently playing.

I don't quite have the mood recently...What's wrong with me man? Please don't ask me cus as you see i'm asking myself.

gerrrrr..............

No comments: